Become a Qualified Yoga for Runners Instructor – A unique program designed around the needs of the athletic body
This program is eligible for Yoga Alliance continued education credits
Specializing in yoga for sport performance athletes, runners and sports teams, the Yoga for Runners teacher training program allows graduates to offer this specialty program and range of workshop opportunities in a market niche. With both yoga and running at heightened popularity, combining the two practices creates a formidable program, increasing teachers’ revenue potential. Graduates of this program are now instructing Yoga for Runners classes all over Canada, the US and Europe.
Christine is the leading authority on teaching yoga to runners and endurance athletes. Since her first workshop in 2002, she has had the pleasure of working with thousands of runners across Canada and internationally, through workshops and teacher trainings, and reached countless others with her instructional DVDs and book (now translated into Spanish). This training program covers the subtleties of teaching yoga to runners in a way that creates challenge, physical benefits and motivation.
The core of this training uses yoga to enhance physical performance and aid in injury recovery and prevention. The full program is divided into two three-day modules, each including both instruction and yoga practice. Between modules, participants are expected to continue with self-study in anatomy, personal yoga practice and student teaching. Recommended guidelines for self-study will be provided.
The Yoga for Runners Teacher Training covers:
- The correlations and benefits of Yoga for Runners
- Examination of the mechanics of running and effects on the related muscles and joints
- Anatomical benefits of particular poses, proper alignment and modifications for each pose
- Hands on adjustments
- Teaching experience
- Creating, marketing and promoting a local Yoga for Runners program
To become fully certified as a Yoga For Runners™ instructor, students must complete the following:
- Anatomy: Functional anatomy of muscles and joints used while running will be covered in the training modules. Continued self-study to deepen knowledge is also required. Recommended readings and texts will be given.
- Yoga for Runners™ Module 1: Foundations, Spine, Feet, Ankles, Core, Upper Body
- Yoga for Runners™ Module 2: Hamstrings, Hip Flexors, Hips, Knees
- Personal Yoga Practice
- Student Teaching Hours
- Anatomy: Self Study
- Yoga for Runners™ Module 1: 22 hours
- Yoga for Runners™ Module 2: 22 hours
- Personal yoga practice, vinyasa based 20 hours (minimum of fourteen 90 minute classes)
- Student Teaching Hours 20 hours
2018 DATES – two 3 day week-ends
Module 1: Friday to Sunday, June 1 – 3, 2018
Module 2: Friday to Sunday, June 8 – 10, 2018
Mindful BodyWorks Yoga Studio
1278 St. Clair Ave. West, 2nd Floor, Unit 14
Toronto (west of Dufferin St.)
FEES AND REGISTRATION
Course fees include 6 in-class full day training sessions and a comprehensive training manual
- Yoga for Runners™ $1,100 + hst
- A $200 deposit is required with application to secure a place in each module. Deposit is non-refundable within 30 days of the training dates and 50% refundable if cancelled earlier.
- Course Materials
- Learning Aids: Yoga for Runners™ DVDs, Beginner & Intermediate: $20
- Anatomy Book: $60
Use this form to register and secure your spot
Please note Christine Felstead’s Yoga for Runners™ Teacher Training Program hourly requirements, course material and fees are subject to change without notice.
For More Information:
For more information, email or call 416 452-8760
HERE ARE JUST A FEW THINGS THAT PAST PARTICIPANTS HAVE TO SAY:
- Before I’d even finished Christine’s Yoga for Runners teacher training program I was approached by running stores and groups hoping that I would come teach their runners.
- The course itself was impeccably clear and organized. With a detailed manual and six days of onsite training I felt fully prepared to address the specific physical and mental needs of runners.
- Christine has distilled her years of experience as a runner and yoga instructor into a course that is both illuminating and down-to-earth.
- The manual is an indispensable resource.
- Christine’s passion really shines through in her teaching and also in her willingness to help others’ reach their potential.
- The demand for Yoga for Runners is rapidly expanding and Christine Felstead’s Yoga for Runners© is pioneering this growth.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How many times per year is Teacher Training offered?
Training is one of a kind and is only offered once per year.
Who is this program for?
The training is suitable for devoted runners wanting to learn more about how yoga can make them stronger runners, running coaches, personal trainers wanting to aid their clients with skillful yoga sequences, yoga instructors wanting to improve their knowledge, expertise and marketability, fitness professionals.
What will I learn in this Teacher Training?
Yoga for Runners Teacher Training focuses heavily on alignment. Only through proper alignment and movement direction can the full benefits of poses be experienced. Learning to align in your own body as well as how to cue for your students.
Can I take this program if I’m injured?
Absolutely – there is no doubt you will learn how to use yoga to help recover from injury. Unless it’s an acute type of injury, it likely caused by an muscular imbalance. We learn to teach yoga first by learning about our own bodies, what is strong, weak, tight. This is the foundation for the best type of applied learning and the start of a dedicated yoga practice.